Visions & Voices
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visions & Voices

A Private Forum To Discuss Film & Music

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My new screenplay: "Sexual Confusion"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
estefanbe

estefanbe

My new screenplay: "Sexual Confusion" Empty
PostSubject: My new screenplay: "Sexual Confusion"   My new screenplay: "Sexual Confusion" Icon_minitime27/8/2007, 2:04 pm

These are the first seven pages of my new screenplay, called "Sexual Confusion." I would like to know if it's a good start to what will hopefully be a good script.

Int. Psychiatrist's Office - Day

DR. HUDSON, 50ish, bearded sits at his chair, a notebook on his lap. Sitting opposite him is a nervous looking man, shaking. Clocks tick on the wall.

Nervous Man

And then the icecaps will melt and then we will all be flooded. And I'm scared of what might happen.

The nervous man starts to sob, but Dr. Hudson doesn't flinch. He just stares at the man for a small period of time.

NERVOUS MAN

(snapping)

Why are you staring at me like that?

The nervous man gets up and runs out of the room.

Int. Waiting Room - Day

The nervous man runs into the waiting room, shaking and sweating. Dr. Hudson follows him, but the nervous man runs out of the room and down the stairs. Dr. Hudson walks up to the secretary sitting behind her desk, typing on her computer.

Dr. Hudson

Beatrice, do you mind following that man and handing him his prescription, please.

Dr. Hudson hands Beatrice a doctor's note.

Beatrice

Yes, doctor.

Beatrice gets up and leaves the room. Dr. Hudson turns and faces the woman sitting in the waiting room chair. She is LINDSAY LIBERNATTI, 30ish, average-looking.

DR. HUDSON

And you are...?

Lindsay gets up and shakes his hand.

LINDSAY

Oh. Lindsay Libernatti, Dr. Hudson. I have an appointment with you for, um, now.

DR. HUDSON

Oh, okay. Well then, come on in.

Dr. Hudson shows Lindsay the door to his office. They both walk in and sit in the appropriate places.

DR. HUDSON

So, what seems to be the problem?

LINDSAY

Well, it's not a problem like that fellow before me. It's more like I'm sexually confused.

DR. HUDSON

I see.

Dr. Hudson writes down in his notebook "Sexual Confusion."

DR. HUDSON

Go on.

LINDSAY

Well, I was raised Roman Catholic so it's all so strange to me. And it just happened so suddenly. Nor have I felt this way before.

DR. HUDSON

Would you like to start from the beginning, Miss Libernatti?

LINDSAY

Mrs. I'm married, which makes this situation all the more confusing to me.

DR. HUDSON

Are you having marital problems?

LINDSAY

Oh, no. We're both getting along great, although I don't know how he would feel if I told him the truth. He doesn't even know I'm here, to be frank.

DR. HUDSON

Do you have any children?

LINDSAY

Yes, I have a six-year-old daughter.

DR. HUDSON

Okay, once again, should we start from the beginning?

LINDSAY

Well...

Int. Church - Day

A nice-looking church is filled with people. A priest stands at the front speaking Latin verses.

Lindsay (V.O.)

My father was a priest, a rather devout one at that. My mother was also very religious and so I knew quite a lot about the Bible and Jesus and all that other stuff.

A teenage Lindsay sits in the first row, in a uniform and hat, her stern-faced mother beside her. Lindsay looks quite bored by her surroundings.

LINDSAY (V.O.)

I never cared about it all, though. I mean, it was fascinating in the beginning, but hearing it every day of every week for so many years, it just got tiring. All I wanted was to play with the other children in the schoolyard.

Int. Dining Room - Night

The Libernatti family sits at a nice dining room table, dressed in a fancy way.

LINDSAY (V.O.)

One night, I asked a question, which right after, I would suddenly regret.

Young Lindsay

Dad?

Lindsay's father looks over at Lindsay, happily.

Mr. Libernatti

Yes, my beautiful daughter. What would you like?

YOUNG LINDSAY

I just have a question about Jesus.

MR. LIBERNATTI

(smiling)

The Lord Jesus Christ?

YOUNG LINDSAY

Yes?

MR. LIBERNATTI

Well, what would you like to know about our Saviour?

YOUNG LINDSAY

Um...If Jesus was Jewish...

As Lindsay stumbles through her question, her father begins to frown.

YOUNG LINDSAY

And you say we should get closer to him, I'm wondering if as an act of getting closer to him, I could maybe become a Jew.

There is silence around the table. Her father looks at her, mouth wide open.

MR. LIBERNATTI

W-What?

YOUNG LINDSAY

Well, you know, I just don't understand why our symbol is a cross when that's what he died on. I still like Christianity and all, but it's just something that's been bugging me for a while.

Lindsay takes a small Jewish prayer book from her backpack and puts it on the table.

YOUNG LINDSAY

I checked this out from the local library and it's not that bad. I think I'm actually getting the hang of Hebrew.

INT. PSYCHIATRIST'S OFFICE - DAY

Dr. Hudson sits at his chair, listening attentively.

LINDSAY

Well, let's just say they weren't much pleased by what I said.

DR. HUDSON

And so you never brought it up again?

LINDSAY

Well, I didn't.

(sighs)

But I also denounced religion altogether as well. God damn it. Now that I've realised it, I haven't prayed in so many years.

DR. HUDSON

I take it your parents weren't amused.

LINDSAY

That's an understatement.

Int. Young Lindsay's Bedroom - Night

Lindsay sits smiling on her bed. Her father stands above her sprinkling holy water and reading Latin phrases.

LINDSAY (V.O.)

At first, they thought I was possessed by Satin. But due to my lack of religious belief, I just sat there and paid no notice.

Int. Catholic School Classroom - Day

A nun walks around the classroom, carrying a ruler and looking over students' shoulders.

LINDSAY (V.O.)

They then sent me to Catholic boarding school to see if that would so-called "cure" me.

Lindsay sits at her desk. pencil in hand, drawing slightly violent images on well known cartoon characters. The nun passes by her and notices her papers. With a shocked face, she grabs them and throws them in a nearby fireplace.

LINDSAY (V.O.)

(cheerfully)

Yeah, it didn't. Hell, it made me even worse.

Int. Nun's Office - Night

A nun spanks Lindsay on the buttocks with a ruler multiple times. Lindsay just cries, barely blinking.

LINDSAY (V.O.)

Every night, the head nun would spank me with a ruler, but I was strong and that made me even stronger.

Int. Catholic School Dormitory - Night

A window opens from the outside and Lindsay sneaks, carrying a small bag. She quietly takes off her shoes and hides underneath her covers. She switches on a flashlight and unzips the bag. She takes out a "Sports Illustrated" with a handsome, six-pack chested man on the front.

LINDSAY (V.O.)

Every fortnight, I would sneak out...

Ext. Convenience Store Parking Area - Night

Lindsay waits, patiently.

LINDSAY (V.O.)

(continued)

...and go to a convenience store near the school. I befriended a nice boy around my age who would always help me out. You know, getting me whatever I wanted at no cost.

MARK, 16ish, acne-faced, wearing a convenience store uniform, walks out of the back, holding the zipped-up bag.

Mark

Here you go, Lindsay. The magazines, the chocolate bars, everything you asked for.

Mark hands Lindsay the bag.

LINDSAY

Thank you so much, Mark. You're the best.

She kisses him passionately on the lips and runs off.

INT. PSYCHIATRIST'S OFFICE - DAY

DR. HUDSON

Did you ever see him again?

LINDSAY

Of course. I married him. Naturally, he moved out of his crummy apartment and got a much better job. He also cleaned himself up a bit.

Lindsay takes out her wallet, then Mark's picture and hands it to Dr. Hudson. In the picture, there is no acne and looks slightly more attractive than his younger self. Dr. Hudson hands the picture back to Lindsay, who tucks it away safely.

DR. HUDSON

And what did you do with the magazines?

LINDSAY

(coughs)

Well...those nuns did not appreciate the stains I left on the bed, both edible and not.
Back to top Go down
http://films.estefanfilms.com/
Myron_Bolitar

Myron_Bolitar

My new screenplay: "Sexual Confusion" Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new screenplay: "Sexual Confusion"   My new screenplay: "Sexual Confusion" Icon_minitime27/8/2007, 6:00 pm

It's very witty, and a great start. I'm not sure where you're going with it, but I'd be interested to read more.
Back to top Go down

My new screenplay: "Sexual Confusion"
Page 1 of 1