Visions & Voices
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visions & Voices

A Private Forum To Discuss Film & Music

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who can name the film that made them interested in movies?

Go down 
+3
Ruse Of Metacarpi
Myron_Bolitar
Hunter
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Hunter

Hunter

Who can name the film that made them interested in movies? Empty
PostSubject: Who can name the film that made them interested in movies?   Who can name the film that made them interested in movies? Icon_minitime26/8/2007, 5:53 pm

Big Fish. When I saw that in the cinema the inspired me to keep a log of what I see in the cinema and I started rating them. Then I found IMDb and branched off in expanding my VHS/DVD collection. Also The Matrix and Terminator 2 helped.
Back to top Go down
Myron_Bolitar

Myron_Bolitar

PostSubject: Re: Who can name the film that made them interested in movies?   Who can name the film that made them interested in movies? Icon_minitime26/8/2007, 6:03 pm

I've been interested in film all my life (even though I only started watching the quality of film I watch today about two years ago). Die Hard is the film that got me interested, though.
Back to top Go down
Ruse Of Metacarpi
Admin
Ruse Of Metacarpi

PostSubject: Re: Who can name the film that made them interested in movies?   Who can name the film that made them interested in movies? Icon_minitime26/8/2007, 6:05 pm

An American Werewolf In London, specifically the transformation scene. I was convinced (I was 6 at the time, mind you) that they had actually captured a man becoming a werewolf on film. When I found out this was not the case, it was even more fascinating.

Not long after, The Evil Dead solidified my love for all things film. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://visionsandvoices.forumotion.com
estefanbe

estefanbe

PostSubject: Re: Who can name the film that made them interested in movies?   Who can name the film that made them interested in movies? Icon_minitime26/8/2007, 6:12 pm

Probably 2001: A Space Odyssey.
Back to top Go down
http://films.estefanfilms.com/
Hunter

Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Who can name the film that made them interested in movies?   Who can name the film that made them interested in movies? Icon_minitime26/8/2007, 6:16 pm

Ruse Of Metacarpi wrote:
An American Werewolf In London, specifically the transformation scene. I was convinced (I was 6 at the time, mind you) that they had actually captured a man becoming a werewolf on film. When I found out this was not the case, it was even more fascinating.

Wow you rule! An American Werewolf in London is one of the finest films of all-time. I wish I had saw it before last year.

The transformation scene is, for sure, top 5.
Back to top Go down
Harry Lime

Harry Lime

PostSubject: Re: Who can name the film that made them interested in movies?   Who can name the film that made them interested in movies? Icon_minitime26/8/2007, 6:31 pm

Donnie Darko. I watched it (loved it) and thought that I should give film a try. Guess what? It worked. Grant it, it took a while to develop into what it is now.
Back to top Go down
Hunter

Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Who can name the film that made them interested in movies?   Who can name the film that made them interested in movies? Icon_minitime26/8/2007, 6:33 pm

So you understand Donnie Darko? I sure as hell don't. Wondering if you could share you're wisdom. A friend of mine was confused as well.
Back to top Go down
Harry Lime

Harry Lime

PostSubject: Re: Who can name the film that made them interested in movies?   Who can name the film that made them interested in movies? Icon_minitime26/8/2007, 6:36 pm

Hunter wrote:
So you understand Donnie Darko? I sure as hell don't. Wondering if you could share you're wisdom. A friend of mine was confused as well.
I saw it and knew the general outline. I had no idea about everything else. But since then I've read up on it.

Read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donnie_darko#Director.27s_interpretation

Last edited by on 26/8/2007, 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jeebus

Jeebus

PostSubject: Re: Who can name the film that made them interested in movies?   Who can name the film that made them interested in movies? Icon_minitime26/8/2007, 6:37 pm

Donnie Darko was the first film I truly fell in love with. It's what got me interested in seeing as much cinema as possible. Then Videodrome and Blue Velvet propelled me into the taste that I have now.
Back to top Go down
http://jeebusrules.blogspot.com/
Hunter

Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Who can name the film that made them interested in movies?   Who can name the film that made them interested in movies? Icon_minitime26/8/2007, 6:42 pm

I remember when that taste changed happened. You had like 5 #1s within one month (Donnie Darko - Manic, Salo, Almost Famous - Blue Velvet).

And everyone started hating you. But you did have the attitude like "I can't like that". Now you have a mix of those acclaimed and ones to your diverse taste.
Back to top Go down
Bartokz

Bartokz

PostSubject: Re: Who can name the film that made them interested in movies?   Who can name the film that made them interested in movies? Icon_minitime26/8/2007, 9:13 pm

Quote :
I've been interested in film all my life (even though I only started watching the quality of film I watch today about two years ago). Die Hard is the film that got me interested, though.

What David said. But if I have to name one film, I'd pick The Shining or 2001, when I was about 10-11.
Back to top Go down
Ruse Of Metacarpi
Admin
Ruse Of Metacarpi

PostSubject: Re: Who can name the film that made them interested in movies?   Who can name the film that made them interested in movies? Icon_minitime26/8/2007, 9:18 pm

Hunter wrote:

If you watch both the theatrical cut, and the directors cut (which is a FAR inferior film), it makes it a lot more clear, but still open to some interpretation.
Back to top Go down
https://visionsandvoices.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who can name the film that made them interested in movies?   Who can name the film that made them interested in movies? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who can name the film that made them interested in movies?
Page 1 of 1