Visions & Voices
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visions & Voices

A Private Forum To Discuss Film & Music

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's the next movie you're going to watch?

Go down 
+5
Hunter
Salmon of Doubt
Harry Lime
Myron_Bolitar
Jeebus
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Myron_Bolitar

Myron_Bolitar

What's the next movie you're going to watch? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the next movie you're going to watch?   What's the next movie you're going to watch? - Page 2 Icon_minitime29/8/2007, 2:48 pm

Video games are pretty kick-ass. All a matter of playing the right ones, though. Estefan is right though. The Mario games are the ultimate in kick-assness.
Back to top Go down
sverrir90

sverrir90

PostSubject: Re: What's the next movie you're going to watch?   What's the next movie you're going to watch? - Page 2 Icon_minitime29/8/2007, 3:35 pm

I think the Mario games were incredibly influential and Super Mario 64 was the first video game I ever played and as such deserves a place in my heart but you can't deny that the game industry has moved way forward since then. I mean, come on, Super Mario 64 -or- shit like God of War 2?
Back to top Go down
sverrir90

sverrir90

PostSubject: Re: What's the next movie you're going to watch?   What's the next movie you're going to watch? - Page 2 Icon_minitime29/8/2007, 3:36 pm

Hunter wrote:
PS2. Gameboy.

What games?
Back to top Go down
Hunter

Hunter

PostSubject: Re: What's the next movie you're going to watch?   What's the next movie you're going to watch? - Page 2 Icon_minitime29/8/2007, 3:37 pm

Pokemon. Ratchet and Clank. Shit like that. I was in the age group they were for at the time.
Back to top Go down
sverrir90

sverrir90

PostSubject: Re: What's the next movie you're going to watch?   What's the next movie you're going to watch? - Page 2 Icon_minitime29/8/2007, 3:42 pm

Ratchet and Clank is fuckin awesome. You prolly couldn't get pass the first level... it's not the computer's fault, it's yours.

Pokemon Blue, Red and Yellow was awesome. The other Pokemon stuff was not.
Back to top Go down
Hunter

Hunter

PostSubject: Re: What's the next movie you're going to watch?   What's the next movie you're going to watch? - Page 2 Icon_minitime29/8/2007, 3:45 pm

Ratchet and Clank was a piece of piss.

There was one game that I couldn't get past level 1 on (which made me get bored of video games). Ty the Tiger 2 (I think).
Back to top Go down
sverrir90

sverrir90

PostSubject: Re: What's the next movie you're going to watch?   What's the next movie you're going to watch? - Page 2 Icon_minitime29/8/2007, 3:53 pm

Hunter wrote:
Ratchet and Clank was a piece of piss.

Ratchet and Clank was clearly above you even though it's a Devil May Cry for kids. The only thing wrong with the game was the storyline and the humour (clearly directed towards mentally deficient children).
Back to top Go down
Myron_Bolitar

Myron_Bolitar

PostSubject: Re: What's the next movie you're going to watch?   What's the next movie you're going to watch? - Page 2 Icon_minitime29/8/2007, 4:26 pm

sverrir90 wrote:
Pokemon Blue, Red and Yellow was awesome. The other Pokemon stuff was not.

True that.

Anyway, I've never played God of War 2.
Back to top Go down
Bartokz

Bartokz

PostSubject: Re: What's the next movie you're going to watch?   What's the next movie you're going to watch? - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/8/2007, 2:32 pm

I loved the pokemon games when I was a child. Embarassed

Anyway, I'll be watching The Departed with school tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Jeebus

Jeebus

PostSubject: Re: What's the next movie you're going to watch?   What's the next movie you're going to watch? - Page 2 Icon_minitime30/8/2007, 3:42 pm

Probably Gerry.
Back to top Go down
http://jeebusrules.blogspot.com/
Jeebus

Jeebus

PostSubject: Re: What's the next movie you're going to watch?   What's the next movie you're going to watch? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/9/2007, 10:05 pm

I'll probably watch something tonight/tomorrow morning (I'm leaning towards The Wicker Man or a Heat re-watch) and then (YAY!) 3:10 to Yuma tomorrow night!
Back to top Go down
Hunter

Hunter

PostSubject: Re: What's the next movie you're going to watch?   What's the next movie you're going to watch? - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/9/2007, 3:42 pm

Seeing Chinatown in the cinema tomorrow Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Harry Lime

Harry Lime

PostSubject: Re: What's the next movie you're going to watch?   What's the next movie you're going to watch? - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/9/2007, 9:18 pm

Hunter wrote:
Seeing Chinatown in the cinema tomorrow Very Happy.

Lucky. Mad
Back to top Go down
Harry Lime

Harry Lime

PostSubject: Re: What's the next movie you're going to watch?   What's the next movie you're going to watch? - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/9/2007, 8:53 pm

The Dreamers tomorrow night. I haven't been watching too many movies lately.
Back to top Go down
Jeebus

Jeebus

PostSubject: Re: What's the next movie you're going to watch?   What's the next movie you're going to watch? - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/9/2007, 9:40 pm

Nor have I, though that's because I can't stop watching Prison Break. 12 episodes today.
Back to top Go down
Hunter

Hunter

PostSubject: Re: What's the next movie you're going to watch?   What's the next movie you're going to watch? - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/9/2007, 11:01 am

I just watched Gladiator... and now I've discovered that we're watching the film in English class. Ironic.

This is England and The Thin Red Line or American Psycho or A Bittersweet Life. Depends which I have time for or if I'm in the mood.
Back to top Go down
sverrir90

sverrir90

PostSubject: Re: What's the next movie you're going to watch?   What's the next movie you're going to watch? - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/9/2007, 3:19 pm

Letters from Ivo Jima
Flags of our Fathers
Back to top Go down
sverrir90

sverrir90

PostSubject: Re: What's the next movie you're going to watch?   What's the next movie you're going to watch? - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/9/2007, 3:20 pm

Jeebus wrote:
Nor have I, though that's because I can't stop watching Prison Break. 12 episodes today.

Are you serious? That's like 19 hours or something.
Back to top Go down
Jeebus

Jeebus

PostSubject: Re: What's the next movie you're going to watch?   What's the next movie you're going to watch? - Page 2 Icon_minitime7/9/2007, 3:31 pm

Eh, it was like 10ish. But yeah I was home all day because I vomitted at school so they made me go home. I didn't really feel like doing anything so I just got addicted to that and watched it straight through. I watched the last 5 episodes of the season last night.
Back to top Go down
Jeebus

Jeebus

PostSubject: Re: What's the next movie you're going to watch?   What's the next movie you're going to watch? - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/9/2007, 4:01 pm

In the next few days I'll be watching The Wind That Shakes the Barley and Secrets & Lies for the first time. And re-watching these:

A History of Violence
Magnolia
Dawn of the Dead (remake)
Boogie Nights
A Beautiful Mind

Among others...
Back to top Go down
Harry Lime

Harry Lime

PostSubject: Re: What's the next movie you're going to watch?   What's the next movie you're going to watch? - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/9/2007, 9:43 pm

The Constant Gardener
Back to top Go down
Jeebus

Jeebus

PostSubject: Re: What's the next movie you're going to watch?   What's the next movie you're going to watch? - Page 2 Icon_minitime14/9/2007, 10:09 pm

Assuming you're on the East Coast, you might want to wait until tomorrow to watch that one because chances are it'll put you to sleep. It's a very good drama, with some excellent performances, and a thrilling final act; but it's also one of the dullest films I've ever come across.

For me, I'll try and watch something tonight (maybe Magnolia or Factory Girl) and then tomorrow I'll be seeing The Brave One (since nothing else is releasing near me) and an advanced screening of The Kingdom at night.
Back to top Go down
Bartokz

Bartokz

PostSubject: Re: What's the next movie you're going to watch?   What's the next movie you're going to watch? - Page 2 Icon_minitime15/9/2007, 2:00 pm

Yesterday was my birthday, and I had another person's birthday party that night, from 9:00 pm to 5:30 am, so I wanted to rest during that evening and watch a couple of films, but I couldn't because my grandpas and some friends arrived, so today I'll try to watch Network, Temple of Doom and/or Vertigo. Maybe Videodrome tonight, because I have to do a school project about surrealism in films (I own the script of Un Chien Andalou), though I've been dying to watch it for a while.
Back to top Go down
sverrir90

sverrir90

PostSubject: Re: What's the next movie you're going to watch?   What's the next movie you're going to watch? - Page 2 Icon_minitime17/9/2007, 2:48 pm

Shaun of the Dead. And I got big expectations just like I had with Knocked Up. Let's hope everything goes as expected.
Back to top Go down
Jeebus

Jeebus

PostSubject: Re: What's the next movie you're going to watch?   What's the next movie you're going to watch? - Page 2 Icon_minitime17/9/2007, 8:56 pm

I've really felt like re-watching The Departed and Brokeback Mountain lately. I'll try and take care of those sometime soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the next movie you're going to watch?   What's the next movie you're going to watch? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's the next movie you're going to watch?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Visions & Voices :: Viewing Habits :: Last Film Seen-
Jump to: