Visions & Voices
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visions & Voices

A Private Forum To Discuss Film & Music

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alfred Hitchcock

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Harry Lime

Harry Lime

Alfred Hitchcock Empty
PostSubject: Alfred Hitchcock   Alfred Hitchcock Icon_minitime24/8/2007, 6:42 pm

He's the greatest director ever, IMO. From what I've seen, he hasn't made a single bad film. cheers
Back to top Go down
Ruse Of Metacarpi
Admin
Ruse Of Metacarpi

Alfred Hitchcock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alfred Hitchcock   Alfred Hitchcock Icon_minitime24/8/2007, 6:45 pm

YOU BEAT ME TO IT, YOU BASTARD!!!!!!

He is the greatest director of all time, ever, forever.

BUT...he has made two sub-par films....Family Plot, and Waltzes From Vienna.
Back to top Go down
https://visionsandvoices.forumotion.com
A Man Escaped

A Man Escaped

Alfred Hitchcock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alfred Hitchcock   Alfred Hitchcock Icon_minitime25/8/2007, 4:56 am

One of the best.
Back to top Go down
Hunter

Hunter

Alfred Hitchcock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alfred Hitchcock   Alfred Hitchcock Icon_minitime25/8/2007, 6:10 am

Maybe its because his films are classics why I am not impressed by them...
Back to top Go down
Ruse Of Metacarpi
Admin
Ruse Of Metacarpi

Alfred Hitchcock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alfred Hitchcock   Alfred Hitchcock Icon_minitime25/8/2007, 7:43 am

Hunter wrote:

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Jeebus

Jeebus

Alfred Hitchcock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alfred Hitchcock   Alfred Hitchcock Icon_minitime25/8/2007, 12:45 pm

Definitely one of the greats. His title as 'Master of Suspense' is well-deserved. I've seen three films from him (Psycho, Vertigo, Rope) that are all masterpieces and among the very best I've ever seen. The other two I've seen (North by Northwest, Rear Window) are sensational and are great additions to the man's resume. I need to get on Lifeboat soon.
Back to top Go down
http://jeebusrules.blogspot.com/
Hunter

Hunter

Alfred Hitchcock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alfred Hitchcock   Alfred Hitchcock Icon_minitime25/8/2007, 1:36 pm

Ruse Of Metacarpi wrote:
Hunter wrote:

Evil or Very Mad

I thoroughly enjoyed North by Northwest though. I found Psycho to have ups and downs (more downs), Vertigo to be forgettable, Rear Window underwhelming (I wanted more) and The Birds to be, eh?

But they are just his 5 most famous (I think). Still gotta see some more to make a good opinion on him.
Back to top Go down
Ruse Of Metacarpi
Admin
Ruse Of Metacarpi

Alfred Hitchcock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alfred Hitchcock   Alfred Hitchcock Icon_minitime26/8/2007, 3:43 pm

Hunter wrote:
Ruse Of Metacarpi wrote:
Hunter wrote:

Evil or Very Mad

I thoroughly enjoyed North by Northwest though. I found Psycho to have ups and downs (more downs), Vertigo to be forgettable, Rear Window underwhelming (I wanted more) and The Birds to be, eh?

But they are just his 5 most famous (I think). Still gotta see some more to make a good opinion on him.
One thing that is hard to keep in mind when watching Hitchcock, due to the countless imitations, is the fact that these were all very original works, in style, motif and execution. Not many people had the guts to tackle sexuality and depravity like he did in those days, while still adhering to the Hays code, which Hitchcock did for some time even after it was abolished...up until Frenzy, his penultimate film.

I understand where you're coming from, because I was once there. I would suggest giving Rear Window another shot, and while you're at it, watch Lifeboat and especially Rope. Those three movies share a lot of themes and ideas, while having totally dissimilar plots. It's also interesting how he tackled three homosexual characters in Rope, in a day and age when things like that...simple weren't allowed.

Oh, and while you're at it, watch Shadow Of A Doubt. You know....the best movie ever made? That one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alfred Hitchcock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alfred Hitchcock   Alfred Hitchcock Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alfred Hitchcock
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Visions & Voices :: Films :: Directors-
Jump to: